Last Modified: August 06 2016
Welcome to Bites Court. We are an online food ordering platform dedicated to connecting you with great restaurants and food vendors in your area. All of the food and other items we list are prepared and delivered by the third-party restaurants and vendors with which we have entered into separate agreements and which are required to comply with all applicable laws regarding food preparation and food services. You should know that as a platform, Bites Court does not prepare or deliver any food. In presenting you with menu options and food descriptions we rely on the descriptions of those items that are provided by those third-party restaurants and vendors. As set forth in greater detail below, we make no guarantees as to the quality, safety or preparation of the food you order, the accuracy of the food descriptions, or delivery times with respect to your orders. All of our services are provided in accordance with the terms set forth herein.
The Sites are offered and available to users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using the Sites, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Sites.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Sites, and any service or material we provide on the Sites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Sites, or the entire Sites, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Sites.
- Ensuring that any payment card information you provide in connection with your account remains accurate and up-to-date.
If you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity except as expressly authorized herein. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Sites or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, title and interest in the Sites and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- As may be incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials on your computer or mobile device.
- If we provide mobile or other applications for download, you may download a copy to your mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Sites.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics provided on the Sites without the express prior written permission of the Company.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Sites.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Sites or any services or materials available through the Sites.
The Company name, the terms “Just bite it”, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other third party names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards (as defined below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen or account names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Sites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Sites.
- Use any bot, crawler, spider, scraper or other automatic device, process or means to access the Sites for any purpose, including monitoring, copying or transferring any of the material on the Sites.
- Use any manual process to monitor, copy or transfer any of the material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Sites.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Sites, the server on which the Sites are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Sites.
- Attack the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites.
The Sites may contain comments and reviews, personal profiles, forums and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Sites.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set forth herein.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Sites, you hereby grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns an unlimited right and license to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, as may be necessary to provide you and our other users with the features and functionality of the Sites and for the marketing and advertising purposes of the Company and its affiliates.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Sites. To the extent that any User Contributions constitute reviews of the third party restaurants and vendors listed on the Sites, such reviews do not represent the views of the Company or any of our affiliates. We assume no liability for reviews or for any claims, liabilities or losses resulting thereof.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Sites.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR AS A RESULT OF, ITS INVESTIGATIONS, AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We do not review all material before it is posted on the Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
All User Contributions must, in their entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. In addition, the content standards set forth below (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Deceive or be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Draw legal conclusions about the conduct of other users or the products or services of any third party vendors listed on the Sites.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Promote commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
In addition to the foregoing, to the extent that your User Contributions constitute reviews of any of the restaurants or vendors listed on the Sites, you represent:
- That your reviews are yours alone.
- That you have previously had first-hand experience with the restaurant or vendor prior to posting your review.
- That you have not been compensated directly or indirectly by any restaurant or vendor (whether or not that restaurant or vendor is the subject of your review) in exchange for your review.
In the event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are violating any of the Content Standards, we reserve the right to remove any applicable User Contributions, and/or terminate your access to the Sites. In the event we determine that you are repeatedly infringing the copyrights of any third parties your account will be terminated and your continued access to the Sites will be denied in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing us with the following information in writing (collectively, a “Notice”) (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further details):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interests;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Sites where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
All Notices must be sent to our copyright agent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Sites is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Sites, including our restaurant vendors, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Sites contain content provided by third parties, including materials provided by third party restaurant vendors, other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Any fees for purchases you make on the Sites are due immediately and are non-refundable regardless of your decision to terminate your usage of the Sites, our decision to terminate your access to the Sites, planned and unplanned disruptions to the Sites, or any reason whatsoever.
To the extent that any amounts owed are not payed when due, or in the event your credit card information is declined or is no longer valid, you will be charged for all applicable third party fees and/or charges that are incidental to the collection of amounts owed and/or chargebacks including, but not limited to, costs of collection (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), convenience fees and/or other third parties charges.
You hereby explicitly agree that all communication in relation to unpaid fees will be made by electronic mail or by phone and that Company may rely on the services of a third party collection agent to makes such communications and engage in collection actions.
We and/or our third party food vendors may, at our sole discretion, make promotional offers with different features and different rates to some of our customers. Such offers, unless made directly to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your use of the Sites or the pricing for items listed on the Sites.
Linking to the Sites
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
Social Media Features
The Sites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Sites.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Sites
- Cause limited portions of content on the Sites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Sites or portions of them to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Sites
The owner of the Sites is based in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the United States. We provide the Sites for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Sites or any of the Sites’ content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITES, THEIR CONTENTS AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES, THEIR CONTENTS AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINTED THEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITES, THEIR CONTENTS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THE SITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS, INCLUDING FOOD ORDERS, OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY GOODS OR FOOD OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITES, AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES, GOODS, PRODUCTS OR FOOD REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT OUT OF WHICH SUCH LIABILITY AROSE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE COMPANY MAY INTRODUCE YOU TO THIRD PARTY VENDORS FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING GOODS, INCLUDING THE FOOD YOU ORDER. WE WILL NOT ASSESS THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY VENDORS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY VENDORS. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY VENDORS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING GOODS AND FOOD OFFERED VIA THE SITES RESTS SOLELY WITH YOU.
THE QUALITY OF THE GOODS AND FOOD YOU PROCURE THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE THIRD PARTY VENDOR WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH GOODS AND FOOD TO YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT YOU USE THE SITES AND THE GOODS AND FOOD YOU OBTAIN THROUGH SUCH USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You acknowledge and agree that you and the Company are each waiving the right to a trial by jury. You further acknowledge and agree that you waive your right to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and the Company otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party's copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Sites are operated by Bites Court LLC with an address at 3907 G. Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Sites should be directed to: email@example.com